How to include solar loading in an Icepak model?
The solar loading can directly be modeled beginning in ANSYS Icepak. Here is the procedure:
- Enable Solar Loading from Basic Parameters / General Advanced Setup
- Specify Date, Month, Time and Location information ( Time input is based on a 24 hr clock)
- Specify Illumination Parameters
- Sunshine fraction: 0 to 1: Used to account for the effects of clouds which may reduce the direct solar irradiation.
- Ground Reflectance: 0 to 1: Determines the contribution of reflected solar radiation from ground surfaces.
- Define the North direction vector. +X is default North